Sunday 20 March 2016

the TRADITIONAL MOTIFS JACKET

in Timisoara, Romania


"Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots."
Victor Hugo


The utterly modern and hectic lives that we lead nowadays, make us forget about our roots and national traditions.

I find the Romanian national costume really beautiful, yet simple, and I think it perfectly represents the old country life in Romania. People were leading simple lives, but they were guided by a special energy and vibe, creating beautiful crafts and spreading happiness.

I'm sure you've heard of Henri Matisse's painting, "La Blouse Roumaine", inspired by the most popular item of the costume. Guess what, it's been made in Romania since forever.

The jacket being my favorite clothing item, and also being passionate about my country's customs, I created a modern alternative of the traditional Romanian costume. Embroidered with care and sewn with enthusiasm, the traditional motifs jacket is for sure a statement item. 

That's the reason I took these photos in the nature, without any built background, because I strongly believe this jacket doesn't need anything else. It stands for a very nice and important cause - reminding us of our culture.


I am wearing:
Photos by Matusciac. Make-up by Ana Preda


















No comments:

Post a Comment